Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sports

I definitely crossed off all the sporting events I need to participate in for the foreseeable future throughout October, having the chance to see both types of football - American and the type the rest of the world plays.

While Jonas was still in town we randomly checked online for tickets to see the Arsenal football (soccer) club, whom is local to my neighborhood and I have declared my loyalty.

They are quite popular and tickets are usually hard to come by, but on this day they were playing a lesser known team and we were able to get some seats!  It was a great chance to see a soccer game in England, for us both.  They won and we could walk home!

Also, as luck would have it the Chicago Bears played Tampa Bay in an International Series NFL game at Wembley Stadium.  A good portion of the expat group secured tickets one way or another.  We hosted a proper tailgate party with a massive amount of barbecued meat before heading off to the game.  Look at that group!

I was fortunate enough to be joined by one of my great friends from Chicago and his two children, for what turned out to be another great game.  I will admit, there was a special feeling in the air ... a familiar feeling, and I was literally startled by hearing a Chicago accent from someone sitting behind me.  Cried during the Star Spangled Banner.  

A spectacular game and the Bears won too!!





No comments:

Post a Comment