Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Home for the Holidays


The holiday season means a variety of different things to different people - could be about the birth of Jesus, the visit from Santa Claus, eating comfort foods guilt-free, spending time with your family and friends, or buying yourself the gift you really wanted.

This year I was most looking forward to the time with family and friends.  It had been quite some time since I visited my Mom and I was in need of hugs, relaxing and chatting.

As you can see we took to the kitchen for a baking marathon and ended up with quite an impressive spread!  Yes, all home-made - eleven varieties that would make Martha Stewart demand our job applications.

Just a week later I have eaten half my box ... and the pants are feeling a little tighter, but worth it. There is more than sugar and butter in that box ... there is a lot of love to help fuel another couple months away.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for an amazing holiday filled with joy and love. I am truly blessed to have such a sweet daughter. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete