Saturday, February 4, 2012

Business Class: Clearwater / St. Pete

Upon reflection I suppose my latest business trip to New York / Tampa should not be written off as ordinary ...  it marks the first trans-Atlantic business class flight of my career ... ever.  I've "arrived" ?

Business class is in fact a treat.  The seats recline into a full layout and the monitors play videos on demand (admittedly I caught Chronicles of Narnia II, best series ever).  I was given a small tote with face creams, socks, ear plugs, etc., the drinks are free / unlimited, and of course you get on / off first. If someone else is paying, I'm in ... if not, well, I'm not.

Being the foodie I am I could not help being blown away by how delicious the food was.  Seriously.  I was given a menu with options ... on the way in a Terrine of multiple game animals with toasts ... more, more, more ... and on the way back a starter I complimented my flight attendant on - poached lobster with a cold seaweed salad with edimame, long grain rice and fresh herbs (see pic).  Whoa.  I don't even need to mention the other pretty good courses.

After two days of business meetings in New York, I was simply giddy with joy to be boarding a plane down to Tampa, Florida.  For, this weekend I was meeting my girls, my best bud Granes, and all the people that have come to embody the spirit of "the beach".  For most of my life I have had some connection with the Clearwater / St. Pete area and it felt oh-so-good to be driving with the warm, salty wind in my hair across the inter-coastal waterway.

It felt as if I was shedding layers of weight off my shoulders as I walked up that driveway to receive hugs and laughs, and the comradery throughout the weekend re-taught me all I already knew - when you can after so much time apart walk into a room of genuine, unconditional love, friendship, and laughs (not matter even if you had to hitch-hike there) is when you truly have "arrived".

The weather cooperated.  I got a bit of a sunburn (yes!), experienced good old American dip at a country music concert, spent a perfect afternoon at Caddy's laughing it up, and finally got that massage I have been in serious need of before the final couple days of business meetings.

Yes, not a trip to be written off as ordinary.  Love you gals.

No comments:

Post a Comment