Sunday, December 5, 2010

Blizzard!


So, the typical reaction to me telling people I was going to move to London was, "OMG, how great!  That's awesome!  You do know the weather sucks, right?"  And the typical response from Londoners when I asked them how bad the weather was: "Well, it can get quite gloomy, but at least it is not like Chicago ... I mean, it almost never snows here."

Enter last week - Blizzard.  At least by London standards.  We had probably 3-4" in the city, but outside areas had over a foot.  And, it was arctic-ly cold.  Made for a miserable couple of days getting to the office, and our industry Christmas party was pretty empty on account of everyone's fear of not being able to get home.  Even the Eurostar was delayed for hours and hours.  At that time it was warm in Chicago.

Consolation was this weekend felt down right balmy at 40 degrees, and it is all melted now!  And with the bright sun, I even got a minor reprieve from my Vitamin D deficiency.  Heard it is snowing in Chicago ...

No comments:

Post a Comment