Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stuff from the States

As I have read blogs from other expats, or had conversations with those I have met here, many have a list of items they are coveting from the States - items difficult to find here in London they plan to stock up on when they head back home.  These lists have included such items as:

Chocolate chips, pumpkin in a can, Velveeta cheese and/or American singles, Grape jelly, Kraft Mac & Cheese, deodorant (not all, just their kind), certain hair care products ...

Now that I am heading back to the States, I have been thinking about what things I want to make sure that I stock up on.  Interesting enough, I really can't think of anything.  I am sure this has something to do with the fact that I haven't eaten packaged store foods in many years and I really don't miss them ... which I guess is also the same reason why what I stock up on will be consumed while in the States and brought back with me in my belly!

What I am missing most are hugs from my BF and our Saturday night cooking, seeing my Mom and Bro, food and friends at BT, various other outstanding restaurants in the Chi (i.e. Lula, Urban Belly, Rootstock, Sai Cafe), the meca Whole Foods on North Ave., the convenience of Target ... things I can't put in my luggage and bring back.  So, I plan to get my fill the next couple of weeks ... I better start thinking about the work out plan for 2011!!

1 comment: