Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Royal Ascot ... again

So, I will leave this short - in the documentary sense only.  I did indeed attend the Royal Ascot horse race this year (for last year's commentary see here).

It worked out this way ...
1) no, I am not interesting in going
2) It costs money and I went last year
3) no really, I am glad you guys are going, but it is just not my thing
4) well, I don't know, it just not as up-class as you think its going to be
5) Last year I had to get standing only for an hour train ride in my heels!
6) Holy cow, I look amazing in this dress
7) You MAKE reasons to where dresses like this
8) I need to buy this dress
9) hey, you guys still going to Ascot?
10)  dang ... now I need to buy a hat.

Went ... bet ... lost ... saw more fake tan and platform pumps in one place than should be legal ... and of course, do not plan to go back.

P.S. there was an amazing Australian champion beauty flown over that was epic ... Black Caviar won the Queen's Jubilee race at Ascot 2012. I have my betting ticket against her to prove it.

1 comment: