Friday, August 26, 2011

Charlotte

In a bit of a situation ... this very large, crunchy, threatening looking spider has taken up residence in the corner of my front door.  Each morning when I open up the door, 'she' is there ... or more accuratelty it goes something like ... I walk towards the door, remember she is out there, minor dread, move slower, I make excessive noise to open the door to alert her I am coming, I slowly open it, stare ........  once I am convinced she is not going to leap at me I sneak carefully out, say a few words on my mind, and lock the door.

Now, this just seems like more stress than one should have every day, and I do admit early on I took a broom and politely swiped her into the bushes.  However, she was promptly back.  Must be prime real estate.  Interestingly enough, this has now been a couple weeks and she at times anchors her web on the door, which means each day I rip it apart (which psychotically is bringing me a dose of guilt each time), but nonetheless she re-weaves it again every night.

If you don't think that exposures kids have as a child stick with them you're nuts ... that book Charlotte's Web, with that wonderfully kind spider, has me living in dread each and every morning until who knows when ... that's 'some pig'.


No comments:

Post a Comment