Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Price of Lights ...

Seriously, what is the deal with the price of X-mas lights in this city??  70 quid for a string that would hardly show up on a tree or round a window ... that is $115 USD people !!!!   What?  What???

Even the cheap light set is 35 pounds ... $55 USD !!!

Am I hallucinating or did I pick up 100 light strings for 99 cents after X-mas a few years ago??  I mean even the triple-overpriced lights pre-Christmas in the U.S. are like $10 bucks, right?

And what is the deal with this tiny LED light things?  I want huge globes!

This is so anti-father Christmas and my holiday home glow is suffering.  No wonder not a home in London has lights (well, maybe aside from Kensington).  Boo.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of you yesterday when I picked up some lights at the 99cent store! Not the greatest(and not to rub it in) but they're cheap! I'm with you though, I miss the big bulbs from when I was a kid!
    ps
    loved all your Italy posts!!

    ReplyDelete