Saturday, May 14, 2011

Can't resist ...

The kind of place, if you had the fortune of not knowing anything else existed you would never leave.

On each occasion I have been here I have been awed, spun around with wonder.  My past few trips (because I have to be here often for work) I have spent an intentionally spare morning or afternoon sitting in the plaza, dining at one of the many cafes that line the walls.

Winter or summer, the sky is always emerald blue and the sun like a diamond in the sky (hey, now I know how they came up with that song,).  I sit here, eating a 3 course meal with a 3 course wine (if you know what I mean) and simply reflect.

The people-watching here is remarkable, since it is quite a touristy spot (which typically I avoid, but honestly there is simply something spiritual about this place) and to some degree I think that adds to the joy - people popping champagne at 2 in the afternoon, couples making out under an umbrella, and tourist groups of young people walking in to see the splendor for their first time.

Ah Plaza Mayor ... I can't resist.  

P.S.  Thanks for the sun burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment