Sunday, May 8, 2011

Introducing the English Rose

It is clear that the star of the garden for May is the rose.  The wisteria is gone, blue bells are too.  Make way for the sweet, tart smell of the English rose.  Not joking, again it seems that every yard has over the top amounts of roses.  The bushes are full of them, and even my own flat has two bushes weighted down with peach and white blooms.

And they smell ... great ... like roses.  Unlike the roses that you get in the stores (even good ones) in the States that have very little aroma, these babies are uh-mazing.  I am sure I will inhale a bee some time in the next couple of weeks as per cliche', one must stop and smell the roses.

Our neighborhood garden, De Beauvoir Sqaure, is a properly designed English Rose garden and it is just about in full bloom.  Great place for knitting in the sun!  They are simply stunning, and this is just in my own neighborhood.  I must go see the Queen's gardens!!

P.S. after today, I am convinced many locals are painting their front doors the exact same hue as their roses.  Note, two examples here on one street.

These ones are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment