Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weather Contrast: U.K. +1

Reading the newspaper this weekend I see "Hottest April for 350 years" and that gardeners should prepare for "hosepipe bans" because it has been so dry.  Whoa.

Never being here this time of year, I really had no idea what to expect weather-wise and have no ability to conclude if it was cooler/warmer than average or quite typical.  All I can say is, as I was waking to another sunny morning I thought, jees, the weather here isn't all THAT bad!

Seems I lucked out this month.  We have had several warm days, reaching the upper 70s, and no doubt last week we had a few in a row that were at the 80 mark.  I have been spotted in the tube top trying to catch up on my Vitamin D deficiency.  I think we had about 2 hours of rain - oh wait there was that one night.  Ok, 12.

In contrast, Chicago has had the most snow on record in an April ... I'm pretty sure of that based on my Chicago friends' groggy mifts at the weather on FB.  OK, the London "blizzard" at Christmas that shut down Heathrow is now forgiven.  Come on May!!  Wish you the best as well Chi-town. (Miss you!  sniff, sniff).

No comments:

Post a Comment