Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wine Club

It should be of no surprise to anyone reading this blog that I am a wine-o.  Not only do I enjoy the drinking process, I do really enjoy the science behind how growing and production conditions can really drive out different flavors from the same grape.

I have had my favorites for quite some time (Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand and just about any red out of Northern Italy) but do like trying pretty much anything.  There is a cool wine shop near my house called The Sampler that has various tasting machines around and you put credits on a card and can taste at will.  Makes for an enjoyable weekend afternoon.

Last weekend in the store I noticed a box of wine with a bottle of Amarone - no matter the situation this word will stop me dead in my tracks.  Amarone is a a form of Valpolicella that allows the grapes to actually dry on the vine before pressing, causing more concentration of the sugars.  Anyway, this box had one in it and I needed more information on how to get my hands on it.

Thus ... I am now a member of the wine club!  Each quarter a case of twelve carefully selected wines will arrive at my doorstep, decked out with information and food pairing suggestions for each one.  Sweet.  Combined with my new cookbooks, this is going to make for a very pleasing summer.  Now taking reservations.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am always ready to reserve a spot at la Casa de Miller!

    ReplyDelete