Thursday, November 18, 2010

Madrid ... Segundo vez

Had to travel back to Madrid for a quick business meeting one night this week. Good news is I had a great hotel in Plaza Santa Ana, and turns out, a night on my own to buy great clothes, revisit Mercado San Miguel, and wander back for some tapas near home before taking an uber hot shower in my go-oo-ood shower.

Mi Hotel
Spain is one of the key markets in my region (at work), and we are launching an exciting new way to measure online consumption there, so it will certainly be a city I will get to know well and be able to visit often to better understand the online marketplace (how often do you visit  elmundo??).

We had a big industry event there and I am impressed.  My colleagues taught me a thing or two, and I am humble to be a partner in all of this (yes, surprisingly I am understanding everything "en espanol").  So lucky I am.  I do like this city.  I really want to be able to do business in Thpanish before I leave my tour over here in the EU (FYI, Thpaniards pronounce their S as a "th" as in mia catha e thua catha ... hear me? a little different from my Chi-town Mexicanos ...)

El Mercado de San Miguel
My hotel was spectacular, and I am a bit of a hotel diva.  Hot shower, nice products, prime location.  Wondered around and found some great clothes, another great round at San Miguel, and then back near the hotel for a few more tapas before bed.

Another great trip to Madrid, a spectacular city full of excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment