Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January

Despite January being off to a horrific start, with a blizzard convincing every expat they'd been duped about the London winters being mild, the rest of the month really has been quite amazing.

We had a week that was consistently up in the 50s, and the rest of the month has been quite mild.  OK, not so bad.  (I know, I know ... it has been a rough January in Chicago, so no griping here!)

What has been most surprising to me though is that the trees and bulbs are already starting to bloom.  The pansies I put in my bedroom window are still going strong - despite being under snow for a period.

The majority of my plants are still so green it almost seems impossible.  I mean, there is rain pretty much every day, but there is inversely as much sun.

I am wondering if they have some sort of super breed over here, and why we have yet to figure out how to get this done in the U.S.

I have heard people say that if you blink in London you just may miss summer, but the bright side is that it appears to be the same with winter.



I'll be planting the flowers in the garden out back in no time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment