Sunday, January 30, 2011

Primrose Hill & Regents Canal

As I was finishing up my highly anticipated batch of blueberry buckwheat pancakes this AM, I realized while sitting at my kitchen table that the SUN was actually out.  We haven't seen that guy in quite a while.  So, I whipped on my boots - the opportunity to finally take the recommended Primrose Hill / Little Venice walk was upon me.

Just a short tube ride away to the Chalk Farm station you exit into a darling part of London called Primrose Hill.  The main street is full of cute shops, coffee and pastry, and a couple notable fresh food stores.  Pleasurable stroll.

As you come to the end of the road, you hit Primrose hill, which is a - well - hill that is just north of Regents Park.  You hike your way to the top and are rewarded with panaramic views of the city.  Go down the other side and you are right at Regents Park Zoo (next time) and the Regents Canal.  

This canal runs across the vast majority of the city (actually passes just south of my flat) and has some pretty parts, today included.  

There is a very cute cafe on top of one of the bridges, where I just had to stop off for a little pick me up from all my walking.  Awesome caprese and a little Proseco to celebrate it being Sunday and sunny.

Anyway, I should talk about all the canal boats that line the waterway in some areas, and the very bizarre fact that people live on them and they are covered in plants and all kinds of crazy stuff, but I am making this one brief.  You'll have to come see that for yourself!!
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment