Saturday, January 29, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

I have been a bit moved by the Chinese New Year this year. It does just so happen to be the year of the rabbit - that would be my year.  Hay-ay!!  

In some sort of horoscope induced intoxification, I have been convinced that this is yet another sign - yes indeed, it is my year.  The stars have aligned.  It is my time.  The year of the rabbit.  {Leg kick / hand punch / time to buy a rabbit's foot !}

Though the year formally starts next week, I started with a trip last week to Chinatown in London, very near my office, and had a nice dinner with a colleague.  It is beautifully decorated with lanterns, fried ducks, etc.  Then, for lunch today I went for my first dim sum experience.  Also very good - love the pork sticky buns.

Conincidentally, my BF is also a rabbit.  Read into it what you will that us rabbits will be spending the majority of the next year apart  ;-|  Definitely not the highlight of the festivities.  Nonetheless, I am going to take advantage of all the spirits cheering me on!

To save you the Google:  1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999  

People born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. They are fond of gossip but are tactful and generally kind. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper. They are clever at business and being conscientious, never back out of a contract. They would make good gamblers for they have the uncanny gift of choosing the right thing. However, they seldom gamble, as they are conservative and wise.


Well, well  -  think that may describe pretty well both me and my partner rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment