Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weather Contrast: U.K. -3

Seriously ... one should be prepared for rain when moving to London.  I thought I was.  Fair enough, we did have a drought in March/April, but one would not expect that the warmest week of the year would be in April!!

It has rained every day since I can remember ... and it is cold!  By cold, I mean 60 degrees, but even that feels cold here!  I admit to turning on the heat a couple times.  I am currently in the midst of a torrential down pour and my garden patio is under 6 inches of water!

OK, I am just groaning, but Chi-town ... with your emerald blue skies, powdery white clouds, sticky hot North Ave Beach days, followed by rolling thunderstorm nights ... you win.  Even with the hail storms and concurrent 100 degree days.

For revenge, I booked a trip to the south of Spain this weekend.  Take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment