Sunday, July 31, 2011

July flower of the month: Hydrangea

Though lavender would have been the easy, obvious, and lovely choice, the come from behind victor of the July flower of the month is the Hydrangea.

Again via some sort of unwritten, unspoken code all yards in England sport at least one Hydrangea bush (lavender too by the way).

They are all stunning, with a wide variety of colors and sizes.

There is one white Hydrangea bush right outside my front gate, which symbolically has always served to remind me where I live.  Hush, hush, but I have taken to routinely cutting one of its beautiful blooms for the bathroom.

More than once while walking around the hood I have stopped in my tracks to OMG at the larger than my head white blooms, or admire the antique pinks, the delicate detail, or simply the entire yards full of these stunners.

Well done.  (And yes, I did just use OMG as a verb).

No comments:

Post a Comment