Friday, July 16, 2010

75 or one-two-five he asks ...

... confused I am ... what could this possibly mean? What is this Brit-speak? Then I see, glasses of wine actually come in various sizes here in London - at least at this great little wine bar "28-50" http://www.2850.co.uk/  it does. Yes, for my first evening I had already scoped out this trendy wine and food pairing establishment close to the temp housing. Signing up for Timeout London is certainly going to proove useful I beleive.

So, of course I went with the 125 (twice). Once for a Sauvignon from Italy - spectacular, but it was outshined by the second - a perfumy French something or other I never heard of, but will be back to find out in the near future.

Had a gazpacho that was out of this world with the first and a Icelandic cod with chorizo and cous cous with the second. Nice way to edge out those tears and end the first night on a good note.

Tomorrow ... saw a great bakery "Paul" next to the bank I need to visit and then the first venture into the tube to get to that Borough market to get some groceries for the big week ahead (whose web page may have single handed contributed most to this decision in the first place - http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/).

No comments:

Post a Comment