Sunday, September 12, 2010

... and it continues ...

So Sunday almost outdid Saturday this week ... I woke up early, like 7:30A and was really awake.  Hmm.  Grabbed the laptop, browsing the options for the day, and at 9A got a text from a gal I met previously asking if I wanted brunch.  Well, sure! My stomach's growling, and I could see by the glimmer in the window that today was going to be a wonderful day - even did a risky move wearing a tube top without a scarf and no umbrella .. woo!  Bold.

Breakfast was delightful - she brought another friend of hers ... two Chi-town gals.  Nice.  We then hit the Columbia Rd. Flower market (found the fern I had been hunting) ... I tell you, the weather was so perfect.  I think the States has been having this perfect fall weather as well, but today when in the sun, it was unbelievable.

Anyway, after that trip (I always get lost coming back from there ... ugh) I dropped off the goods and the neighborhood was having what could only be described as a church social.  Pies, books, plants, and the center of attention was the local dog show (mom would have loved it).  Oh, lest I forget the kids do snail races ... needless to say, did NOT make me feel warm and cozy inside (in fact, on the way home from the market I picked up a flashlight so I could go out at night and pluck the f@%%#4q4ers off my dahlia).

Anyway, pleasant, and got my face seen in the hood.  Got an organic ice cream and headed over to the rose garden to knit in the sun.  Two hours later ... a little toasty and the stomach rumbling told me it was time to head home and fire up the barby!

This week ... Monday - fish at home, Tuesday night we have an official Nielsen launching of internet measurement in the U.K. at a cool brewery on Brick Lane, Wednesday lamb ...  what else??

Really happy person right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment