Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I win!!

The auctioneer
Up the street from me there is an antique auction shop (www.criterionauctions.co.uk) that I had a little look around in this weekend.  I am still looking for a desk and a kitchen table, and want something I would actually want to keep longer term.  Very cool spot - lots of nice quality items, and to me they actually seemed to be reasonably priced.  The way it works is you scope everything out, either in person or online, and then can either submit a bid or show up Monday evening for the live auction.

Well, well, well ... I did see this lovely Arts & Crafts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arts_and_Crafts_Movement) ladies dressing table with inlaid wooden flowers that would make a great desk, and was perfect in size.  So, I thought about it a bit, went back in on Sunday and decided I would bid on it.

To be on the safe side, and out of curiosity, I came to the auction as well.  Very quiet (proper) auction, with your little numbers.  Moved real fast, and the auctioneer essentially played the part of any online bids he got.  The heart definitely gets to pumping when your item is coming up!  There were 3 other online bidders, but I offered just enough to edge them out.  It's mine!

Now, there does come a challenge ... these guys do not deliver and I need to get it out of there before 6P on Wednesday.  Agh!  I have a task a head of me today.  Hmmmm.  Oh, and it needs to get upstairs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment