Sunday, September 5, 2010

Food, Flowers, and Wine ...

I've noticed a common theme in my posts - revolving around the above three items.  No complaint, just a realization, a clarification of those things important, that bring peace.  So, keeping with that theme, today I decided to go off to Marylebone.  Not for any particular reason more than I didn't really have anything to do and I thought I needed to check out the farmer's market there.  Well ... I looked up the bus route, and there is one directly there, but it said it would take 48 minutes, which seemed high, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and just run there.  Strapped on the jogging gear, and off I went.  Made it in 35.  Ha!

Anyway, this neighborhood is chic, with higher end shops (bought my first x-mas gift)... let's just say Madonna lived there.  Still, cute enough, central downtown neighborhood.  Pluses in my perspective: great travel book store on the high street that I will go back to for travel books when I actually start traveling and a fromagerie (cheese shop) which was out of this world and picturesque as you can see.  Had a spectacular protein rich breakfast of salmon with eggs as well (back to the food pics)!!

Well, at the end of the afternoon, I walked nearly all the way back home and ended up in another one of those "please someone rub my feet" kind of days.  Another solid exploration.  Purchased:  bed skirt, white (no need to mention the John Lewis visit again) ... needed to hide the hideous bed frame I brought over; 2011 weekly calender so I can begin to track all the events here is in the city (timeout subscription complete); 8 little tomatoes for roasting at original destination farmer's market (which wasn't all that great - but the first batch of tomatoes turned out great!).  Good weekend ... and a busy work week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment