Sunday, September 19, 2010

Found the Lace Curtains!


My bedroom window is at street level, so I was going to need to get some curtains to block someone looking in, but wanted to be able to enjoy the sunlight in the mornings and my flowers planted outside, so I decided to look for some lace panels.  It is quite common here to use "nets" as they call them.  You may recall in an earlier post I made my way out to the HomeBase to find the "net rod".  So, I started to do some searches online for where to buy such a thing and found this great antique dealer.  They have tons of antique lace curtains, and I found these perfect Arts&Crafts period ones.  Not sure if they are really old, but they do seem like the real deal.  They are so cute!  And vintage looking and match the flowers on the desk I just bought!!  Exciting!!  The front yard is coming along nicely!

http://www.antiquescentreyorkeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Antique_&_Vintage_Nottingham_Lace_Cotton_Panels.html


Vintage design SCOTTISH lace Curtain panels ~ ARTS AND CRAFTS PERIOD~ A Stunning set of 2 SCOTTISH NOTTINGHAM LACE SAMPLE PANELs. This beautiful lace panel is subtly decorated in true Vintage ARTS AND CRAFTS simplistic style. It is a very fine weave design typical of the 1930s and EACH PANEL is finished. Made on the original Victorian Nottingham Lace Machines

No comments:

Post a Comment