Sunday, September 12, 2010

A most stellar weekend

I got one of these on the bottom 
I am trying to boil down precisely what it was that made this weekend really great, and it just isn't one thing.  That's that over-analyzer / philosophizer in me.  Really, I had a really spectacular weekend.  There is of course the fact that the office got together for some cocktails Friday, which was great, because a lot of people actually come out and I really do enjoy their company.  Bizarre (which is my new favorite word).

But there was also the fact that there was a knitting show this weekend in a neighborhood that I had not been to before AND I had a companion - date with a co-worker's fiancée.  He said, knowing me the little he did, that I and his GF, soon to be wife, would hit it off and he was right.  Beautiful, nice, crafty lady!  We met for breakfast and then headed out to the show.  I had a wonderful time.  Really nice yarn, good variety, can I just say ... vintage needles (50 cents!!!).  Fun time.  I'm whipping through this current sweater project I've been working on now since before I left Chicago in anticipation of starting one of the 3 on the list (yikes!  I need to hold back now!!).
Finally, Statistics & knitting!


Buttons!
Since the knitting show was close to Buckingham Palace I made my way on over and took a look outside.  Beautiful parks around, but let's just say, this is lost on me a bit.  History / politics / royal reality ... it has not been my favorite way to spend time.  Anyway, I was there ... I have pics ... and if you find your way in this neck of the woods and would like to visit ... I will go back with you.

And then, with what seems to be becoming the Saturday ritual ... I stpped back by home to the butcher, fishmonger, and produce stand to load up for the week and then headed on back home - this week inspired by the knitting and knocked out a dozen rows.
The palace
Kind of like this pic with the pigeon on the shoulder

1 comment:

  1. I Heart your use of the words:

    Spectacular
    Bizarre

    All that I am waiting for is the word Fabulous!!!

    --Jason

    ReplyDelete