Saturday, October 2, 2010

King's Head Theatre

I have been told that I must check out the theatre in the back of some of the pubs here in London.  Interesting, I thought.  There are of course thousands of pubs in London I am sure, and I did not know that some have small theatres in the back with low budget independent shows.  In my neighborhood is King's Head Pub, supposedly one of the best pub theatres in London.  I had looked at the flyer several times while walking about, because as coincidence would have it, it is set in Chicago and tackles the topic of race.  While I was out with a couple of my new GFs they also were interested, so we made a date for Thursday.  Just so happens a former co-worker of mine also moved to London this week so she came along as well.  Nice group of four somewhat strangers on the verge of new friendship went to see a play in London about their home town.  Happy.

The show made from a nice night out, controversial topic to discuss over our French food after the show, and I am somewhat surprised that in past couple weeks I think I have made some really good friends.

Cheers!
http://www.kingsheadtheatre.org/home/what-s-on/this-is-how-it-goes.php

No comments:

Post a Comment