Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Proof we were There!

Big Ben
I had yet to see the iconic sights in London - Big Ben, House of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye - as I knew with time this would be a tour I would take several times as others came to visit.  And so it goes, this past weekend we visited all the sites.  Even made it to Buckingham Palace, Harrod's, Picadilly Circus (a "circus" in London refers to what we would call a roundabout, or a road that goes in a circle and forms a sort of plaza), and topped it all off with delicious sushi (finally) in Soho.  After it was all done, about seven hours on foot.

All sights were of course impressive, but I should have probably done this tour before seeing the Duomo in Milan, because I'm not sure anything can beat that for architectural wonder.
The London Eye
The One and Only

2 comments:

  1. Haha... didn't know which one to click on. Not sure I like the 'neat' option... sounds like my mom. Then I figured out how to post a comment... Sha-weet would be my box to click. Glad you guys are having fun. Can't wait to see you in Dec:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take beautiful pictures. I have you as my screen saver at home and at work. Everyone is so enjoying your blog. Thanks for letting me tour London with you thru your blog.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete