Saturday, August 28, 2010

London, er, I mean, Tower Bridge

It had been a couple weeks (oh my) since I had been to Borough market, and I had planned it out that I would hit it again today to get the weekly supplies.  I was fortunate enough to have met up with a Chicago friend of mine this week and she introduced me to a couple friends of hers, one whom happens to live not far from Borough.  She mentioned Druid street where they have several foodie stores popping up under the railrod tracks... well, long story short I needed to walk down by Tower Bridge to check them out, so I did.  Got to see the beautiful bridge, yet the shops were closed.  Eh, you win some you lose some.  It really was amazing - I wish I could better understand what was in the mind of men when they built such staggering, challenging works.  Who comes up with this stuff and then actually executes?  We're lucky they did.

Future visitors beware - this is a trip you will take with me.  Amazing day.  The sun was out (after days of rain) and the market was hopping, and the bridge was standing at attention, proudly accepting all the snapshots from its fans.

1 comment:

  1. The Tower of London nearbye is an awesome place to visit also. The Crown Jewels were on display when I was there is 1965.

    ReplyDelete