Saturday, August 21, 2010

The path less taken

Today is Saturday, 21st of August.  I haven't had internet access away from work since I left my temporary housing a week ago, so I had been writing my blog offline and just posted a bunch today.  Of course, lots continues to happen.  Friday all of my goods arrived, so that is a relief.  Only one small panic moment when we (the movers and I) realized the box frame from my bed wasn't going to fit in the front door.   Hmmmmm ... the back door is big enough, but there is no rear access ... it is all greenery, brick walls, and fence ... except that the neighbors above me actually overlook my patio and if we could get it through their place we could drop it over the top ... no time like the present to meet your new neighbors!!  And, it worked!  Bed in place.  Ahhh.  A good night's sleep.

Other than that, just lots of unpacking what was packed up 6 weeks ago.  Everything is falling into place.  Friday AM I had a couple hours before the movers came, and I have been noting all the garden centres (have to spell it that way now) within central London.  Lo and behold, there is one withing just a few blocks of my flat ... however, it is the other way ... the way I haven't gone yet.  Well, well, well.  Turns out there is just a little strip right around the corner with an outstanding deli, with free wi-fi (hence I am able to get online today), great coffee, olives, fresh herbs ... I could go on and on.  I will be spending a lot of money here.  Also, there is a great little hardware store, and Mediterranean restaurant which I am hoping will be good and become a standby, as well as a pub.  Not quite California Ave., but put a little skip in my step when I found this here.  Oh, and the garden centre was great.  Got a couple beautiful plants and they had those little round shrubs I was looking for.

Feeling just a bit more like I can settle in ... come visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment